Dates: June 8–19, 2020
Location: Washington, DC
This course explains how to plan and prepare for the management of PPP contracts aft er they are signed and how to monitor project performance. Aft er attending this course, participants should be able to prepare contract management plans and to develop and manage procedures for monitoring and reviewing PPP project performance.
This course addresses the implementation issues in PPPs. The discussion focuses on the role of the Project Implementation Unit, the development and execution of a Project Implementation Plan, the tracking and updating of the risk profile of the project, and the ongoing validation of the Value for Money (VfM) parameters. The measurement yardstick or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) is highlighted along with techniques for carrying out ex post evaluations of the project and its sponsors. The role of outside experts such as the Independent Engineer and other technical advisors are discussed. This course also reviews the role of stakeholder consultation and feedback as part of the assessment of the project. Communication strategies are explored for the planning, monitoring and evaluation process of these projects.
- Explain the importance of PPP contract management and performance monitoring
- Analyze and choose the best PPP contract management option for a project from an organizational, technical, financial, and legal perspective
- Manage requests to revise or renegotiate PPP contracts
- Monitor the project and use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Create a project administration plan
- Establish an eff ective project monitoring system
- Utilize outside experts and advisors during the implementation phase
- Manage communications with the Project Company/ Concessionaire
- Develop evaluation and communication strategies for securing stakeholder feedback