Regulation of infrastructure utilities is a core function of government. Effective regulation provides the appropriate accountability and transparency necessary to ensure consumer interests are protected while simultaneously providing the environment for utilities to earn a fair return on its investment and expand capacity as necessary.
To address the number of issues that go into designing, developing and implementing regulatory functions, IP3 provides a suite of classroom and online courses.
Key training areas addressed in our regulation courses include:
- Policy, legislative, and legal requirements for effective regulation
- Designing regulatory institutions and their financial instruments
- Creating regulatory rules, processes, and procedures
- Public awareness and customer relations programs
- Tariff structuring and subsidy analysis design/options
- Rate case application preparations and strategic reviews
- Quality of service and expansion
- Rural service delivery
- Competition policy and regulatory reform in key sectors
Sectors include: energy & electricity, water & waste water, transportation (roads, airports, ports, and rail), telecommunications, education, health, and municipal services.
Please click for a current listing of upcoming Regulation courses