Jan 19, 2012
Information Technology and LMS Coordinator (IT/LMS Coordinator)
The Institute for Public-Private Partnerships (www.ip3.org) (a Tetra Tech Company), which provides short-term adult education to global audience, has an immediate need for an Information Technology and Online Education Manager at our corporate headquarters in Arlington, VA.
The IT/LMS Coordinator reports to the Director of Training Operations and is responsible for oversight, implementation, and user (customer) support of IP3’s CRM and learning management system (LMS) (currently Moodle) used for classroom and online training course offerings. The IT/LMS Coordinator will be responsible for developing, managing, and updating course materials and maintaining the operational integrity of the online course environment. The primary objective is to keep the various systems running smoothly, while providing excellent customer service and troubleshooting to all our users (customers) who may have questions or issues. In addition, the IT/LMS Coordinator will manage the software related service requests of our in-house training participants.
Finally, this position will be expected to provide thought leadership on the direction of our ongoing LMS needs including ways to integrate a payment gateway, marketing system, and student recordkeeping with the LMS.
- Assures the efficient and effective operation of the learning management system (currently Moodle) to meet both internal and external needs.
- Develops stored procedures and guidelines to enhance system functionality.
- Performs various aspects of LMS administration, which may include:
- Understands and articulates system requirements and constraints.
- Create/publish/archive online courses, add/delete accounts, set/adjust/maintain system parameters, add/delete resources, etc.
- Design and develop custom reports.
- Address technical bugs and other system issues from identification through resolution
- Complete daily tasks such as developing and sending status reports, responding to customer questions, publishing courseware, administering surveys and evaluations, assisting instructional designers with technical issues, etc.
- Timely start and close out of all courses
- Establish/maintain links to other online systems including CRM, payment gateway, and student record systems.
- Provides customer service and technical/functional assistance to the support desk and end users, including responding to phone calls and emails related to user questions and/or problems with an online learning management system (LMS) and identifying, researching, and resolving user questions and problems
- Provide software related customer service to workshop training participants who attend workshops held in our Arlington, VA office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 1 - 3 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills and customer service commitment
- Expert html/css skills
- Learning management software packages. Experience in Moodle 2.0 and Joomla, are a plus- particularly in customizing Moodle and integrating Moodle with other systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current resume in reverse chronological order
- A list of at least three professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations-in the U.S. and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications form women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.