Download IP3 Consulting Brochure
- IP3 authored the Government of Ukraine’s Guidelines on Public-Private Partnerships and quarterly journals on developments in PPP in Ukraine.
- IP3 designed a web portal for dissemination of PPP information, experience, and best practices in the Ukrainian, Russian, and English languages.
- IP3 developed a financial model to analyze private bids to finance, build, and operate a new $42 million wastewater treatment plant and system network in the rapidly growing border city of Mexicali. The model featured detailed forecasts of construction expenditure schedules, real and inflated operating costs, income statements, profit and loss statements, debt repayment schedules, and investment return analysis.
- IP3 designed a PPP framework and institutional structure to coordinate PPPs in a country with over 200 million people and 46 provinces.
- IP3 designed the policy and legal framework for the PPP Unit and prepared the operating guidelines for PPPs, clarifying roles and responsibilities of national and local government.
- IP3 designed a PPP fund ($20 million) to stimulate PPP “deal flow” and reduce PPP transaction costs.
- IP3 designed and operationalized the P3 Unit in South Africa.
- IP3 developed an organizational plan for the P3 Unit, prepared an implementation plan for technical assistance, prepared operating procedures and guidelines for the P3 Unit to support departmental requests for assistance, and assisted line departments in preparing project monitoring plans.
- IP3 PPP and project finance specialists developed an “unbundling” strategy to de-monopolize the entire solid waste management system—26 public utilities and waste management authorities in each Egyptian Governorate—and prepared a financial model to demonstrate bankability of each project.
- IP3 assisted the Government in preparing the bid documents and marketing the transaction to local and foreign contractors.
IP3 Consulting Services
IP3, a Tetra Tech Company, in collaboration with Tetra Tech’s greater architecture and engineering services, offers an integrated approach to planning and developing infrastructure projects. We provide public and private sector clients with a broad range of technical and policy advisory services related to public infrastructure facilities, extending across a wide range of sectors and blending a multi-disciplinary range of technical and analytical skills. We focus on planning and structuring infrastructure projects using traditional and non-traditional procurement analytic techniques, applying the latest risk management processes, and assisting in developing policies and guidelines for infrastructure project management.
Public Private Partnerships
- Enabling environments, transaction and procurement support
Regulation of Public Services
- Regulatory processes, tariff policy and quality of service
- Corporatization of public utilities, project finance, financial modeling
- Prefeasibility and feasibility review and analysis of infrastructure projects
Stakeholder Consultation and Communication
- Encouraging stakeholders to collaborate
Infrastructure Planning and Development
- Planning sustainable and feasible projects
Institutional Capacity Building and Development
- Readying institutions for new initiatives
Tetra Tech is one of the largest U.S. providers of infrastructure services to government entities and the private sector and a leading provider of advisory services to international donors around the world. Combined, Tetra Tech and IP3 offer new and longstanding clients and unrivaled combination of PPP thought leadership and independent PPP advisory services; demonstrated track record of successful implementation of large, complex technical assistance and advisory projects in even the most difficult contexts; and leading-edge technical/engineering skills and methodologies couched in principles of responsible environmental stewardship.
IP3 Senior Consulting Specialists
David Baxter is Director for the Institute for Public-Private PartnershipsEmail
Jacques Cook is Senior PPP Advisor for the Institute for Public-Private PartnershipsEmail