First Class Training Center
IP3 offers an unparalleled training experience that begins with our state-of-the art training facility. With a panoramic view of the National Monuments and downtown Washington, DC, our training center is just steps from the convenience of the metro railway and its over 60 stops throughout the Washington, DC metro area. A central and convenient location to Washington, DC, our training facility incorporates the latest in meeting technology, in-demand conference layout and high-speed wireless internet connectivity making our learning environment second to none. IP3’s staff is onsite to assist participants with technology training and administrative logistics, ensuring your time with us is enriching and comfortable.
Award Winning Training Methodology for Specific for the Adult Learner
IP3’s training courses utilize a highly effective training methodology consisting of practical presentations/group discussions, case analyses, simulation exercises, and action planning. During your training experience, you and your fellow participants will engage in highly interactive training presentations/discussions led by world-class industry experts. Next, participants are led through case studies where these concepts and ideas are clearly illustrated by real project and problems. Participants then have an opportunity to “practice” what you have learned through a simulated and roll playing exercise. Finally, participants are required to apply what they’ve learned by completing a Strategic Action Plan that, when implemented, has proven to instrumental to enacting change in your organization.
Industry Leading Site Visits
A key experience of your training is the opportunity to visit with your counterpart managers in US-based organizations and government agencies. To complement your in-classroom experience, IP3 organizes comprehensive site visits where participants benefit from such face-to-face meetings and presentations.
- Baltimore Gas & Electric Company
- Columbia Gas of Virginia
- District of Columbia Public Service Commission
- District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority
- United States Energy Information Administration
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Fairfax County Virginia
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- International Finance Corporation
- International City County Management Association
- Maryland Public Service Commission
- Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
- Office of Management and Budget
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Transparency International
- United States Agency International Development
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Washington Gas and Energy Services
- U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration
Highly Engaging Social Activities
It is not all work and no play! IP3’s well-rounded training experience includes many opportunities for you to engage with your new colleagues and IP3 staff in a dynamic social environment. From receptions and dinners to tours of the monuments and shopping trips, alumni have applauded IP3 for fostering new relationships and genuine camaraderie between participants and IP3 staff that continue long after the training is concluded. Weekends are open for you to “experience America” as you see fit!
Finally, IP3 Alumni recognize the advantage of learning with an Accredited Institution and they return with the objective to obtain one of IP3’s coveted Global Certifications: Certified Public-Private Partnership Specialist,™ Certified Regulations Specialist ™ and Certified Utility Management Specialist™.
Please click for a current listing of upcoming Classroom - Washington, DC Facility courses